Long Distance Realtionship Tips!

Many of you might not know that I'm dating someone. Someone who lives on the other side of the world. I have been in a long distance relationship for the past 4 years. I live in Greece & my boyfriend lives in America. Even though it sounds like a cool experience...sometimes it's not. One of you guys asked me for tips on ldr & to be honest, I'm not the one to ask because I suck with tips, but these are some things that helped my boyfriend and I to make our relationship better.
       


Probably the most important thing in every relationship but especially in long distance ones is TRUST.
Not trusting your partner will lead to many fights & a lot of drama which is unnecessary.
Don't jump into conclusions.
Ask your partner about something that you saw and didn't like without making them feel like they are going through an interrogation & wait for them to finish what they have to say before you start talking again.


In order to be able to trust each other, both of the partners need to be honest. Honesty, is key. I'm talking from personal experience because in the beginning of my relationship both my boyfriend & I were not so honest probably because we were so young & didn't really know what we were getting ourselves into. ( I was 12 & he was 13 ) Even though that didn't affect my partner a lot, I slowly started losing trust & I was being paranoid & I was always overreacting.
After 3 years of hard work, I trust him again but if we were honest from the start, all that could have been avoided.


Jealousy is something natural & it is good for a relationship...unless it's too much.
I must admit, I am a very jealous person & I catch myself being upset over things that are not even that important.
I realized that I can't get jealous just because my boyfriend wants to hang out with his guy friends, or because he talked to another girl.
Make sure that if you are getting jealous over something stupid, you calm yourself down & think more logical.



If your long distance relationship is long-term, after some point you have nothing else to talk about. You've literally talked about E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!
Okay, maybe not everything and of course you can think of weird and deep conversations to have with your partner but still, it gets boring.
Start having dates. For example, every now & then by boyfriend and I have movie dates.
You can also have lunch/dinner dates.


Last but not least, this is pretty damn obvious but make sure you know the time difference between the place that you live & the place that your partner does. This will help you make plans & deciding when you guys are going to talk & it will just make everything one thousand times easier.

If any of you are in a long distance relationship, I hope this post was helpful & I will see you again in 2 days. Peace out xo




Comments

Popular Posts