5 MUST things to visit in Athens!

I recently came back from a school trip to Athens. I live in a town that is aroun 8-10 hours away from Athens (by car/bus).
It was my first time in the capital and I was super excited to go. The trip was just for 3 days but God damn it was magical. Today I am just going to tell you 5 thing you NEED to do if you ever go to Athens.

1. Visit the Herodion Theater.
If you want to visit the Acropolis, you'll have to go through the Herodion Theater first. It is a huge, breath-taking place with a lot of history. We had a tour guide with us who explained every single detail about the theater and I would recommend you get a tour guide too so you know the background of the place.  














2. Visit The Acropolis.
As soon as you see the Herodion, you will start heading to the Acropolis. Once I got up there I was like W-O-W! The parthenon itself is so magical but also the view and the energy you receive from the place is unbelievable. You start feeling so positive on Acropolis and I personally got chills. The history of the place is amazing and your Instagram theme will look bomb af with the pictures from there lol.













3.Visit The Acropolis Museum.
The Acropolis museum is almost 5 minutes from Acropolis on foot and it is wonderful. It's new and minimalistic with a lot of details and it shows you everything you need to see. Pictures are not allowed in the museum but we got a few in a place where we could take pics.








4. See the Evzones changing shifts.
You don't know what Evzones are? I'm going to tell you right now. In Syntagma square (or parliament square) there are 2 guys who are in the army, dressed in Greek traditional clothes and their job is to protect the Parliament. They have to stay still, without talking for an hour and then their shift changes.








5. Visit The Parliament Square.
I don't have a lot of things to say about the Parliament square. It is an amazing old building that really had me shook.



Have you ever visited Greece? Let me know in the comments below xo



Comments

Popular Posts