Follow My Vegetarian/Vegan Journey!

This is a different post than my usual ones. Let me start this post with a small story. Three years ago my mom and my aunt decided to go vegan. In the beginning I did not realise why they were doing it because I did not have anyone else close to me follow that path. I thought and still think that it's a very hard thing to do just because you literally have to forget about everything you know so far and start a completely different diet. They were both going back and forth from vegan to vegetarian for a long time till they were able to stick to veganism. Long story short, after seeing all the benefits from this diet and way of living I decided to get into it. From now on you will be seeing some posts on this blog on my vegetarian/vegan journey. 




I decided that each month or maybe longer I will be cutting something non vegetarian or vegan out of my current diet. Today is actually my third day without yoghurt. I honestly didn't use to eat yoghurt that often with meals but I included it a lot of times in my breakfast. For breakfast I used to have drained yoghurt with oatmeal, different kinds of nuts, honey, a banana and strawberries or any other fruit of the season at the time, chia, wheat flakes, organic corn flakes and coconut.




I asked my mom how I could change my breakfast to vegan and she told me that I could blend two bananas and use that as a base and then use all the other ingredients that I was normally using.
I have been loving my new breakfast and honestly not only it tastes 100 times better but it also boosts my energy and metabolism.
Something that doesn't have to do with my diet but still helps me a lot through out the day and night is drinking a glass of water with a few drops of fresh lemon juice after I wake up and before I eat my breakfast. I get a small morning workout in before eating so that makes me look forward to my delicious breakfast.
If you want me to make a post about the benefits of lemon water let me know in the comments below!



Lastly, I want to mention that this journey will probably take a long time for me and I am extremely happy that I get the chance to share it with all of you guys. I will be posting recipes that I will be trying and share the negatives and positives about this journey and just give you as much information as possible.

Would you be interested in becoming a vegan/vegetarian?

Comments

Popular Posts