HOW TO GROW YOUR INSTAGRAM!

A lot of people have been asking me recently how to grow their Instagram. When I first started of my Instagram account, it was bleh, honestly. I was posting random pictures that I found funny or just blurry selfies and that's the reason why I was stuck at 100 followers (which by the way were family and friends). Today, I will be teaching you how to grow your Instagram account like a pro!


1. Profile Picture/ Bio.

First of all, you want to make sure you have a good profile picture. Sounds kind of obvious, I know but it is the first thing you see before you click on somebody's profile. If you don't have one or if it is a weird pic, people might think it's sketchy and simply not even click on your profile. Secondly, add a bio that defines you and add your email and the link to your blog, or Youtube channel if you have one.


2. Be consistent.

Like any other social media platform, you need to be consistent. Post at least once a day and make sure you post at the right time. Instagram has recently added a new feature, Analytics, which basically shows you around what time of every day of the week your followers are most active. It also shows you how many followers you gain, where they are from and how many people view your account overrall which is super helpful when you are trying to grow online. In order to have this feature though, you need to turn your account from personal to business which you can do with one click in the Settings.
If you don't want to change your account to business you can use different apps from the app store.
 Also, let me know in the comments below if you want me to do a 'Must Have Apps for Instagram'!


3. Find your niche.

This is hard to do and to be honest, I still struggle with it. It is important to choose one, maximum two topics that you will be posting about. For example, fashion instagrammers, travel accounts etc. I still sometimes post about random stuff that don't really have to do with my niche (Fashion, beauty & travel) like food or decor but I always try to target the right audience. People will want to see a specific topic on your account, which should also be what you blog about if you are a blogger.


4. Post the right pictures.

In order to grow your Instagram, you NEED to have a good theme. It might sound stupid, especially if you are just starting out but a good theme is key. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I grow my page when my feed is 100% cohesive and has a right aesthetic. I mean look at this feeds right here:











These feeds are so aesthetically pleasing and make other people follow the account. So make sure your feed is goals af!


5.  Use Hashtags.

It is rare that someone became ''Instagram Popular'' without using hashtags. Hashtags help you target the right audience for your niche which means more likes, more comments and definitely more followers. I personally use 30 hashtags to every post of mine and I have seen a huge difference on my account!

Let me know in the comments below if you want me to do a ''The right hashtags to from your Instagram''!


What do you like the most about Instagram? Let me know down below. I'll see you in a couple of days xo

Comments

  1. I totally agree with all your points. I don't use hashtags myself because I feel like they are kind of cheesy, but I need to start using them for real. You know what really helps me is commenting on other people's Instagram posts, and liking people photos.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, that also helps. Networking with people in your niche is key!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts